Bell, J.M.; Clarke, E. de C. 1909 The geology of the Whangaroa subdivision, Hokianga division. Wellington: Government Printer. New Zealand Geological Survey bulletin 8 115 p.
Abstract: The Whangaroa subdivision, lying on the eastern margin of the Hokianga division, comprises the survey districts of Whangaroa, Kaeo, and Omapere, and covers an area of about four hundred square miles. The subdivision forms a strip of country 12 ½ miles wide and about thirty-four miles long. Its northern and eastern boundaries coincide with those of the Hokianga division. Its western boundary is a line running southwards from Tupo Bay (about half-way between Whangaroa and Mangonui), and its southern boundary is a line running east and west about one mile south of Kaikohe township. The subdivision contains deposits of copper-ore near the Pupuke River, mercury-bearing hot springs near Ohaeawai, and other features of interest. The field work in the Whangaroa subdivision, with which the present bulletin deals, extended over a period of 14 months, from August 1907 to October 1908. (auth/DG)